GAUSS (Galileo-EGNOS as an Asset for UTM Safety and Security) H2020 is a project that aims at developing a high performance positioning system for drones within the U-Space framework focusing on VLL (Very Low Level) and UAS (Unmanned Aircraft System) operations.
The project GAUSS, coordinated by everis Aerospace, Defense and Security, is based on multi-constellation GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) together with internal sensors data fusion. One of its key elements is the integration and exploitation of Galileo and EGNOS exceptional features in terms of accuracy, integrity and security, which will be key assets for the safety of current and future drone operations.
- Precision of individual estimated positioning.
- Safety for UAS and UTM operations.
- Security and cyber-resilience in UAS and UTM operations.
- Coordination among UAS within the same airspace.
- Compatibility with open and specific EASA drone operational categories.