The GAUSS project aims at fast and thorough achievement of acceptable levels in terms of performance, safety and security for both, current drone and future U-Space operations. The key element within GAUSS is the integration and exploitation of Galileo-EGNOS exceptional features for precise and secure positioning to enable U-Space operations, supporting the management and coordination of all drones in the VLL airspace.
- Reliable PVT for signal integrity, precise positioning and orientation of individual drones, enhancing their navigation performance and manoeuvrability.
- Multi-constellation/multi-frequency solution.
- EGNOS integrity features and service levels.
- Concept of operations design coordinated with SESAR U-Space concept.
- Enhanced safety: RNP (accuracy, integrity, continuity and availability). Use of relevant operational safety analysis methodologies: SORA and SecRAM.
- Enhanced security levels with anti-jamming and anti-spoofing capabilities built from Galileo multi-frequency and authentication capabilities.
- Coordination of a scalable number of drones flying in the same airspace, primary and alternate trajectories available with acceptable safety conditoins.
- Compatibility with all EASA categories of operations to which GAUSS solutions can be applied and thus, share the same UTM Airspace