The management of the project will ensure that all the activities are executed correctly and timely, having a smooth transfer of results between them in order to avoid delays or deviations from the schedule.
- WP1 –Management: will undertake managerial and coordination activities in the project and provide overall guidance in terms of project plan, scope and progress, administrative and financial issues, technical management and quality assurance.
- WP2 – UTM Operational Framework: will establish UTM concept of operations and relevant scenarios based on inputs from relevant organizations (SESAR, EASA, Eurocontrol, NASA/FAA, etc.) and other R&D projects and will produce performance requirements for the GAUSS solution. The main output of WP2 will be a collection of technological, performance and regulatory requirements in order to ensure that the GAUSS solution is relevant for the next generation of RPAS and UTM.
- WP3 – RPAS Precise Positioning & Orientation: will develop Galileo-EGNOS based solutions in combination with other GNSS constellation, pseudo-range based algorithms and fusion with on-board sensors. The main output of WP3 will be an integral positioning and orientation solution that has passed all required unitary tests.
- WP4 – EGNSS Signal Integrity & Security: will implement reliable measures to guarantee the security and cyber resilience of the GNSS based positioning system. WP3 will identify assets and threats by conducting risk assessment and developing specific scenario enabling security-features implications, design and development of a set of solutions against cyberattacks and implement active countermeasures. The main output of WP4 will be an integral EGNSS security solution that has passed all required unitary tests.
- WP5 – UTM Technologies: will be devoted to the assessment and development of algorithms and functions needed for GNSS related technologies for RPAS Operation in the UTM, following a systems engineering approach. These technologies include, the integration of ADS-B for cooperative Detect & Avoid and ERFT functions, together with the development of secure communications techniques, and a safety assessment and generation of safe procedures for Detect & Avoid and ERFT. The main output of WP5 will be a fully functional UTM ANSP node with UAS coordination capabilities that has passed all required unitary tests.
- WP6 – Integration, Trials and Validation: will integrate all individually developed technologies into the final GAUSS system and on-board different RPAS, perform laboratory functional integrated tests and validate the GAUSS solutions by means of two exhaustive field trials in different scenarios (in-land and maritime). Results from the field trials will be evaluated against ground-truth measurements and project metrics and KPIs in order to ensure that results allow the transition to industrialisation phase. The main output of WP6 is a GAUSS solution ready for industrialisation phase.
- WP7 – Communication, Exploitation and Dissemination: will disseminate the results of the project, creating strong awareness of the initiative, and will ensure the economic feasibility of GAUSS as a commercial product.